How to make Jello shots
Jell-O shots are very popular in college students even not in colleges only;these shots are also popular among teenagers. These Jell-O shots contain as main ingredient and the best thing about these shots is alcohol is in the alcohol form so you need not taste alcohol. Gel is neither solid nor liquid. This jelly is an intermediate between both the forms.
People who want to take alcohol but they feel sick due to its taste can prefer for these shots. These shots are best for them. They may take alcohol by swallowing these jello shots. You may manage the percentage of alcohol in your jello shots and also use any kind of alcohol such as vodka, rum, whisky, tequila, wine etc. as per your choice. Its totally depends on you whether you want strong shots or weak shots.
For making strong shots you have to use high amount of alcohol but it would be boozy so you should use less quantity of alcohol so that you can enjoy more jello shots. You may give any shape to your jello shots by using different moulds. Also you may give any flavor, color and shape to your jello shots as it’s completely yours. Do whatever you want to do with this.
Show your creativity by making these shots at home and amaze your friends by your innovation. What would be better than these jelly shaped alcohol for your friends? For these jello shots, gelatin powder is used which convert alcohol into jelly form. Gelatin powder is mixed in hot water and then cold alcohol added in it.
This mixture is then filled in small containers or cups and put in refrigerator for couple of hours; this mixture will convert into jelly form. If you use flavoured gelatin then it would be better as Your shots would be more flavoured.
Preparation time: Your jello shots would prepare in 145 minutes. Servings: 10 cups.
1. One pack of gelatin powder (or jello mix)
2. ½ cup of cold water
3. 1 cup of boiling water
4. ½ cup vodka
5. Food coloring – for making your shots more colorful.
1. Small cups and containers
2. Large mixing bowl
3. Measuring cup
1. Boil a cup of water.
2. Add gelatin powder and mix it well until the powder mixes completely in it. Gelatin powder should be completely dissolved; otherwise a uniform gel is not formed and it will make your shots little worst.
3. Now add cold alcohol in this mixture. Cold or chilled alcohol is best for the making good jello shots.
4. You may also add food coloring for enhancing the color of your shots.
5. Now fill this mixture in small cups or containers.
6. Put these cups in refrigerator and allow the mixture to set into a gel form for two to three hours.
7. Your mixture will have converted into gel completely at that time.
8. Now enjoy your party with these shots.
Double layered shots:
1. Whole procedure for these shots is same as previous.
2. For this different color of mixtures are used.
3. First, fill the half of the cups with one of the color mixture and allow it to set.
4. When it converts into gel then shift another color mixture in the same cups and allow it to set.
5. Now you will get your shots having two different color layers.
Variation in shapes:
1. For getting different shapes of jello shots, you will need moulds.
2. Fill the mixture in any shape of mould and then put it in refrigerator.
3. You will get your different shaped jello shots.
4. You may use oranges as you mould. For this, remove the pulp of the orange and fill it with the mixture then put it in refrigerator.
5. After sometime you get your oranges with the jello shots.
6. Cut these oranges into two or more pieces.
1. For making best jello shots, always prefer chilled or cooled alcohol.
2. Don’t use too much alcohol otherwise it would be boozy.
3. Time duration for gel may vary depending upon the types of cups (or containers), surrounding medium of refrigerator etc.
4. When you put the cups in the refrigerator, check the mixture within small periods of time to make sure that your shots will convert into gel properly.
5. You may use any of the liquor such as whisky, rum, tequila, red bull etc. as per your choice.
6. Try to make weak jello shots because strong jello shots would not be good for your health.
7. You may also form jello shots syringes by filling the mixture into syringes.
8. Food coloring would give a strong color to your shots.
1. Make sure gelatin powder will dissolve completely in boiling water. So that your mixture will convert into gel completely or uniformly. There should not be any chunks of gelatin powder.
2. Don’t add ingredients without measurement, it would affect the working of gelatin powder that may not good for your shots.
Range of cost of ingredients and dish:
If we talk about the average cost of jello shots then I would like to tell you, these shots are very cheap. That’s completely under your budget. And you can enjoy your party without exceeding your budget. Average cost of jello shots ranges from $3 to $5. So you need not think twice for adding these shots to your party menu. Have fun guys!
Jell-O shots syringes are ranges from $15 to $20. If you are making these shots at your home then you would be glad to know that the average cost of these ingredients is too cheap. Nonetheless, I am giving you an idea of average cost of ingredients.
1. Alcohol: you may go for any type of alcohol. And the price is varied for each type of alcohol. It may be rum, whisky, wine tequila, vodka etc. but the average cost of these liquors are above $100.
2. Gelatin powder: for your jello shots, you can use either flavored or unflavored gelatin powder. Unflavored gelatin powder ranges from $15 to $20 depending upon the quality of the powder. Flavored gelatin powder ranges from $10 to $20.
3. Food coloring: coloring is used to enhance the beauty of your shots however, this is an optional ingredient. And it is available in between $5 to $10.
4. Plastic Cups: you can use plastic cups, containers or moulds. Generally the average cost of plastic cups ranges from $5 to $10.
Some of the ingredients like water can easily be available at home and there is no need to buy them. Tools like measuring cups and mixing bowl is also available at home. So I would like to say that you just need to buy some small things only, for your jello shots. You would not be an extravagant for this simple recipe.
With the above description, I must say that these shots are too cheap and easy to make at home. So, what about making these jello shots for your party at home? So, let the fun begins! If you have any query and suggestions for us then feel free to give them in comments block.