How to make pizza
Pizza is an Italian dish. It consists of a base leaven by yeast with the toppings of veggies, tomatoes, cheese, mushrooms, meat etc. it is round in shape and it can be prepared in microwave oven or on stove. Pizza is one of the popular fast food.
You can either get your pizza from market or make it at home. You can make your pizza from prepared dough. Also you can make your dough at home.
Making dough at home is too easy. And with your homemade dough, you can give any shape and size to your pizza. You can choose any of the toppings as per your choice. You can cook your toppings along with the pizza in oven or you can also add sautéed toppings.
The best thing about the homemade pizza is you can add your favorite toppings. You can add pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, veggies, olives, provolone, sausages etc. You can also use any of the sauce as per your choice.
You can either make your sauce at home or use a ready-made sauce. You can make non veg pizza by adding non veg toppings. It simply depends on you!
Pizza has golden brown crust with the cooked toppings. Pizza placed on a baking sheet or parchment paper when placed in microwave oven. It is salty and tangy in taste.
Preparation time: you can prepare your pizza within 160 minutes.
Servings: two large size pizza or three small size pizzas.
Ingredients for pizza dough
a. 3 cups of Maida ( all-purpose flour)
b. 1 cup of water
c. 2 teaspoon yeast
d. Cornmeal or Maida ( for sprinkling )
f. Olive oil
Ingredients for tomato sauce
a. 4-5 tomatoes
b. Salt to taste
c. black pepper as required
d. Olive oil
e. Dried or fresh basil
f. Dried or fresh oregano
g. 2-3 chopped garlic
h. 2-3 chopped cloves
i. Red wine (optional)
a. Sliced black olives
b. sliced onions
c. sliced tomatoes
d. sliced green olives
e. grated pizza or mozzarella cheese
g. sliced bell pepper
Procedure for pizza dough:
1. Add small quantity of yeast in warm water.
2. Also add sugar in this warm water.
3. Leave it for few minutes until it becomes frothy.
4. Add this frothy yeast in one cup of Maida.
5. Add salt and olive oil in the flour.
6. Keep on stirring the flour by adding warm water gradually.
7. Now knead the dough.
8. Make the smooth dough.
9. After making dough, cover it with a cling film and leave it for some time.
10. Your dough will leaven very well and double up in size.
Procedure for tomato sauce:
1. Heat olive oil in a pan.
2. Saute chopped garlic.
3. Now add chopped and blanch tomatoes.
4. Cook them for sometime.
5. Add wine if you want.
6. Add pepper, herbs and salt to taste.
7. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
8. The tomato sauce is ready for your pizza.
Now, its time to assemble everything.
Pizza without oven
• Roll your dough on a floured surface just like chapatti (or disk) and make it 2-3 inch thick.
• Since your dough is very elastic so you can stretch your dough by pressing with your hands.
• Roll your dough from centre towards periphery.
• Now prick the rolled dough with the fork or knife to avoid the puffiness of pizza. This will make your pizza crunchy.
• Now cook your pizza base from one side on medium flame in a pan.
• Now turn your pizza base.
• Spread tomato sauce and all the vegetables and pile grated cheese on your pizza base.
• If you are making a non veg pizza then you can also use sliced meat as toppings.
• Sprinkle some seasoning, salt and herbs on it.
• Let your pizza cook for 5-6 minutes.
• Cheese will start to melt.
• Your pizza is ready, serve hot with the tomato sauce or any other sauce.
Pizza with microwave oven
• Roll your dough on floured surface
• Roll your dough from centre to periphery.
• Prick it with the fork or knife.
• Now place your pizza base on baking sheet.
• Pre heat oven on 220 degree Celsius.
• Spread sauce and toppings on the pizza base as per your choice.
• Pile some grated cheese on it.
• Sprinkle seasoning and some herbs on it.
• Put your pizza in the oven.
• Bake it for 14-15 minutes.
• It will become golden brown and crunchy.
• Your pizza is ready.
• Knead a smooth dough.
• Let your dough stand for 2-3 hours so that it would be leaven better.
• Roll your dough thin in case you are making your pizza in pan.
• Make sure pan should not be too hot for your pizza. Otherwise your pizza base will burn from lower side and toppings will remain raw.
• Don’t pile toppings as it will not cook properly.
• When your dough double up after a couple of hours, knead it again.
• You can also use curd, baking powder and baking soda in place of yeast.
• You can saute your toppings before spreading on the pizza base. It would be good in case you make your pizza on pan.
• Let your pizza dough leaven for a couple of hours.
• Apply olive oil and cover it with the cling film for few hours.
Range of the cost of the ingredients:
Pizzas are available in many varieties. You can buy any of the pizza from market. Also you can make your pizza at home. Range of the pizza also depends on its size. It may be small, medium or large size. You can make any size of pizza; it simply depends on the size of your pizza dough.
If you don’t want to make pizza dough at home then you can buy ready-made dough from the market. Dough mix is also available in the market so you can knead your dough from the dough mix. Ranges of the cost of ingredients also depend on the quantity of the ingredients. Costs of the ingredients are given below:
• Bell pepper (capsicum): you can easily get bell pepper from the market. And you may get it under $10. You can use any of the bell pepper. It may be green, red or yellow.
• Mozzarella cheese: you can use any of the pizza cheese. Cost depends on the quantity of the item. Cost also varies for different brands. But on an average, you may get cheese from $15 to $20.
• Pepperoni: you can use pepperoni in toppings. And you may get this in between $15 to $20.
• Mushrooms: you can also add mushrooms in your toppings. And it may range from $25 to $35.
• All purpose flour (Maida): cost depends on the quantity of the flour. You may get this in between $15 to $25. If quantity is less than you can also get it under $10. You can also use whole meal flour for the pizza dough.
• Olives: you may get olives in between $20 to $25.
• Olive oil: you can find it from $15 to $20.
• Oregano leaves: you may get oregano leaves under $10.
There are lots of ingredients you can use in your toppings. And cost depends on quantity and quality of the items. So, with this you can make your pizza at home. Try this and do let us know how did you make it?