How to make an omelette
Omelette is a delicious and easy to make dish. What can be better than this in your breakfast? You can also take this in your lunch or dinner. It is very easy to make. In short, its difficulty level is zero!
You really need not a perfect cook. If you are a beginner, you can make it so easily.It is custard like in taste and golden in colour.
It is simply made by beating eggs and cooks it on non stick griddle or skillet. Add some seasoning and pepper. Serve hot with green chutney. You can make an omelette either savory or sweet. This is the versatility of omelette. It depend on you whether you want a savory or sweet dish.
You can also use fillings for your omelette. Fillings may be vegetables (onions, chillies, basil and tomatoes), mushrooms, any kind of meat, cheddar cheese etc. If we talk about the nutritional value of an omelette then it contains protein, fat, vitamin, carbohydrate, minerals etc.
One omelette contains about 166 kcal. It has good nutritional value.It takes less time to cook. A basic requirement to make an omelette is two large eggs and a griddle. It would be better if the griddle is non stick.
So, whenever you are hungry, just go for this simple and tasty dish!
So without taking much time, let me tell you how to make an omelette in real easy way.
Preparation time: it takes very less time to make an omelette. You can prepare your basic omelette within 5 minutes. Your omelette will serve in plate in just few minutes. If you are using fillings in your omelette then you can prepare it within 10 minutes.
Servings: 1 omelette, if you are taking two eggs or 2 omelettes, if you are taking four eggs. Serving depends on the number of eggs.
• Non stick pan or heavy skillet
• Large bowl
• Stirrer or fork
• Two large eggs
• Salt to taste
• Crack two large eggs in a bowl.
• Add some water.
• Whisk them until the yolk and white mixes completely.
• Heat butter on a griddle. Let it sizzle.
• Pour the whisked egg on the pre heated griddle. Griddle should be very hot.
• Use a fork to spread the egg from the centre. You can also tilt around the pan to spread the egg and fill the little gaps.
• Let it cook for few seconds.
• When its upper surface become firm then uses a flexible spatula and loose the edges.
• Now sprinkle salt and pepper.
• Roll or flap the omelette.
• Tilt the pan and put the hot omelette onto the plate.
• Sprinkle some herbs and coriander for garnishing.
• Serve hot with the green chutney or tomato sauce.
• Blend the egg properly. Make sure yolk and white mixes completely.
• If you don’t have a non stick pan then you can use a heavy 4-5 inch heavy skillet for omelette.
• Fold or roll the omelette when the upper liquid becomes firm.
• Use skillet that have sloped side so that you can easily fold your omelette and put it onto the plate.
• Don’t pile fillings on omelette, as the time taken for cooking an omelette is too less so your fillings will remain uncooked.
Also it would break the omelette when you will try to fold it.
Here I have told you the recipe of a basic omelette but you can do many variation in your omelette. There is a lot of variety of toppings. You can choose any of them as per your choice. You can use vegetables, meat, shredded cheese, mushrooms, sour cream, fresh herbs etc.
In case, if you want a sweet omelette then add sugar to the eggs in place of pepper and salt. You can also use sweet fillings for your omelette. Sweet fillings may be roasted nuts, jams, berries etc.
Make sure pieces of your fillings should be small other wise it will break the omelette while folding.If you are going to make a filling omelette then it would be good if you use cooked fillings.
Prepare your omelette when you are ready to eat it as it prepares immediately. It’s too good to eat when piping out! If you are beginner then use fewer fillings as you will face difficulty in flipping your omelette.
In case if the veggies remain uncooked then you can flip your omelette and cook it from another side. But make sure it will not spill.
Here I am telling you two techniques in case you are using veggies for the fillings.
1. Heat butter on a preheated skillet. Sauté the vegetables and dump the blended eggs on these sautéed fillings. Add dash of pepper and salt. Let it cook for few minutes. Now fold your omelette. Serve hot with ketchup. You can also serve it with bread, roti (chapatti) etc.
2. Crack eggs in a bowl. Add chopped vegetables, salt, pepper chilli powder (optional) in these eggs.
Blend the eggs until it becomes frothy.
Heat butter on preheated skillet and let it sizzle. Now pour the mixture on the sizzling butter. Let it cook for few seconds. Now fold it and tilt the pan and put the omelette onto the plate.
Now you came to know how easy it is to prepare an omelette at home.
And yes !you need not be a professional cook. Just follow these above steps and keep in mind all the tips, then you will make a perfect omelette for sure!
Make an omelette and have it over any time you feel like!
An omelette has versatility in taste, technique, fillings and this versatility allows you to do more innovation with your dish. Now, I’m sure you will be master in this omelette making. And you will be no beginner any more. So, try this at home and do let us know about your creativity. If you have any query or suggestions for us then feel free to say!