How to make ice cream
Ah! Yummy and cool ice cream! We all need to know how to Make Ice creams!
Summer has arrived, and now we all need something refreshing. What can be better than the ice cream?
How can you say NO to ice creams?
This is the best refreshment in summer. Ice cream is one of the best desserts to have in summer. Not only as a dessert, but you can have it anytime. You are not bound to dessert only.
It calms your mood in high temperature and humidity. Also, it soothes your mouth.
There is wide variety of flavors of ice creams available in the market and you can take any of them. Butterscotch, chocolate, pineapple, strawberry, vanilla are some of the flavors of ice creams.
I can feel my mouth getting watery at just the names ! Now, let us move on the process! We want to know how to make ice cream.
Ice cream is prepared by churning the ice cream mixture ,and then, freezing it for some time in refrigerator. It is prepared by using ice cream machine.
You can also make ice cream at home, with or without Ice cream maker.
If you are going to make ice cream at home, then do not worry about the taste, that it may vary. No! Not at all! It is as tasty as the ones you get from the market!
And now, I am going to tell you the simple recipe of how to make an ice cream.This requires no special or “exclusive” ingredients. What we are going to use, is pretty much known to you. And, if not, then there is no harm in learning something new. After all, we can do this for the yummy ice cream which we are going to make!
Let us Go and Make Ice Cream!
Preparation: 20 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
• ½ cup cocoa powder ( unsweetened )
• 1.5 cup cream with 40% of fat content.
• ½ cup sugar
• ¾ cup full cream
• ¼ cup packed brown sugar
• 1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Pinch of salt.
Mix cocoa powder, brown sugar and sugar. Whisk all the contents till it’s combined completely.
• Now add milk gradually and mix the contents gently with hand or electric mixer.
• Now add the cream. Don’t get confused with the type of cream. You only need the cream that contains maximum fat content, as it would be good for the thickness and texture of the ice cream.
• Pour vanilla extract and add a pinch of salt.
• Mix all the contents until fully combined.
• Now pour this ice cream mixture into ice cream mixer for churning. Churn the mixture for about 20 minutes.
• After this, the mixture turns into soft ice cream that can be served if you cannot resist the urge to eat it. This is what we call a Smoothie! Add some frozen ice to your melted soft ice cream, and make your own new invention.
Or, you can freeze it for getting the consistency of ice cream.
• Put the mixture into a bowl having lid for freezing.
• Now put the bowl into freezer. After an hour, take out the bowl and crack the ice crystals formed in the mixture.
• Blend the mixture after each hour to prevent the mixture to form ice crystals.
You can crack the crystals by using electric mixture or you can do it with the hands using fork.
• After this, you will get thick and delicious chocolate ice cream free from the ice or water crystals.
• You can also add chocolate chips, coffee, chocolate ganache etc. to give an additional flavor to ice cream.
Make ice cream in very simple ways, and add multiple flavours as well!
Ice cream with other ingredients
• 1 cup sugar
• 2 cup whipping cream
• 1 cup of milk
• 1 cup of half and half
• ¼ tsp salt
• ½ tbsp vanilla extract
• Chocolate cookies filled with cream
• Break the chocolate cookies into small pieces and keep it aside.
• Now heat the milk in a deep pan until bubble arises from the edges of the pan.
• After heating, remove the pan from the flame and add salt and sugar to this heating milk.
• Stir the milk until both sugar and salt are fully incorporated.
• Add vanilla extract, half and half, whipping cream in this heated milk and stir gently.
• Now its time to cool the ice cream mixture.
• Pour the mixture in a bowl and let it cool down at room temperature.
• For increasing the cooling of mixture, you can also put the bowl on ice water bath.
• After the cooling, place the mixture in a bowl or box having air tight lid and put the bowl into the freezer for about 2 hours in refrigerator. This will increase the quality, smoothness and texture of ice cream.
• If you don’t have a bowl with lid, then you need not worry as you can also cover the bowl with the foil or plastic wrap. It will prevent the mixture from ice on the top of the mixture.
• After 2 hours, remove the bowl from the freezer and blend the ice cream mixture with the hand mixer. This will break all the ice crystals in the mixture.
• At this stage ice cream is too soft. You can serve as it is ,but, for further thickness of ice cream, put it back into the freezer.
• Now remove the bowl and you will get the desirable thickness of the ice cream.
• It’s time to add the cookie pieces that you had kept aside. But, before adding these cookie chunks, blend the ice cream again to break the traces of ice crystals.
• Add the cookie chunks and mix them gently with the spatula or large spoon. Do not use electric or hand mixer, otherwise it will convert cookie chunks into crumbs or ice cream will look little messy.
• Now cover the bowl with the lid and place it into freezer for hardening of ice cream.
• Freeze it until it turns firm and hard.
• After the sufficient freezing of ice cream, remove the packed bowl from the freezer.
• Scoop the ice cream into small bowls and enjoy your ice cream.
• If you didn’t get the desirable thickness, then place it back into the freezer for further freezing.
• If you do not have the electric or hand mixer, then you can also use fork to break the ice crystals.
• You can also add nuts, dry fruits besides cookie chunks.
• Always use milk having higher content of fat so that at the time of churning you will get sufficient quantity of ice cream.
Since we are going to make ice cream, we want every thing to be perfect in one go. For that, we obviously need to follow some precautions.
Use a proper ratio of ingredients. Do not try to alter the ratio of the ingredients as it would affect the freezing process of the ice cream.
But if you want more quantity, then you can double up the ratio of ingredients.
This is how you make ice cream at home!So,what are you waiting for?
Refresh this summer with the home-made ice cream. Enjoy with your family and friends.
Try this at home and do share your experience with us. If you have any query and suggestions for us regarding the recipe then feel free to say! We would be glad to know!