Improve Your English And Be Able To Speak With Poise And Confidence!
English is the most commonly used language among foreign language speakers. This is the top reasons you should try to improve your English.
When people from different nationalities want to communicate, they commonly use English language, throughout the world. That is why we like to call it “the language of communication”.
Learning a language and especially to improve your English is tough and everyone knows it. People will automatically acknowledge your commitment to learning and improving your English.
Your ability to help and communicate with people will help you earn respect!
Some Common Things To Do To Improve Your English
- Practice, Practice, and More Practice
Practice should be made as the first priority. Surround yourself in English. Put yourself in an all English-speaking environment where you can learn passively. The best way to learn is through speaking.
And remember when you do speak that you should always slow down your speaking speed so the receiver can understand what you actually intend on conveying.
- Crowd Yourself with Fluent English Speakers
Surround yourself with English speakers. If you have a few friends who are great at speaking English, hang out with them! Let them know that you are trying to improve your English-speaking skill.
What it boils down to is that you must reduce communicating in your native language as much as possible. A person’s native language always has an adverse effect on their communication in English .
- Different Ways to Help you Improve
Some ways to improve your English is by keeping the TV to English, keeping the radio to English, and keeping everything else to English as much as possible. In this way, English would come naturally to you, and you don’t need to think twice about what to reply. Read the newspaper and other various articles.
- Learn to Listen to Native English Speakers
It is important to listen to others who are speaking in English to improve because it could help you grasp the various words and help you become more fluent. Watching movies without subtitles, books recordings or engaging in a conversation are some ways to develop this skill.
- Improve Core Skills of Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening
Practice the 4 core skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening. This is one of the best ways to improve your English. Keep a notebook of new words you learn. Use them in sentences and try to say them at least 3 times a day.
- Record yourself
You’ve already heard those sentences spoken, but how would it sound if you tried? Probably a bit different. So record yourself! Then you can go back and notice your strengths and weaknesses. This exercise is to increase your confidence! You may feel self-conscious in the beginning, but it does go away.
- Don’t be Afraid to Make Mistakes.
In order to improve your English making mistakes is a crucial part. If you don’t, you won’t learn what’s right and wrong and you won’t take risks. You’ll be afraid to talk to native speakers, you’ll be afraid to go outside your comfort zone, you’ll be afraid to truly expand and grow.
Use English whenever you can and improving your English will be easy!
Why Do We Learn English?
Improving your English is extremely important, and the following are some facts on why
1. English is the most commonly spoken language in the world. One out of five people can speak or at least understand English!
2. English allows you to be great in communication and understanding so the chances of getting an international job is high.
3. English is the official language of 53 countries. That is a lot of people to meet and speak to.
4. English is also the language of the Internet. Many websites are written in English – you will be able to understand them and to take part in forums and discussions if you improve your English language
6. Because it’s fun! By improving English, you will also learn about other cultures. Then you’ll be able to understand how different your culture is from theirs and could interact with them.
When you understand and improve your English language, the various perks you find with it are more job opportunities, become better educated, learn about different cultures and also boost your confidence.
English language is a global language and learning how to improve your English will only benefit you. Along the way, you’ll find that learning English and improving it, is actually easier than you initially thought!
You can find me cooking up new ideas to keep myself occupied since I hate staying idle.
I also hope that one day I write something worth plagiarizing 🙂