How to make cheesecake in simple steps!
When we talk of cakes, we imagine a variety of cakes with beautiful decorations and delicious creamy taste. We always want to have a cake, which is as easy to make as it is to eat! We add our own creativity to the cakes, which is definitely loved!
Today, let us try to make cheesecake!
Cheesecakes are pretty much known around the world. If you are wondering what are cheesecakes and how to make cheesecake, then come, let us find out together. It is always fun to make something new, when it comes to desserts!
Cheesecake is “a kind of rich sweet tart made with cream and soft cheese, on a biscuit base”. It has multiple layers, and is very tasty!
However, if you wander a little on the websites, the recipes may confuse you or you may get disheartened by just seeing the ingredients.
We have a simple, step by step recipe to make cheesecake. As I said, we are going to make it together. Are you ready?
Get assembled on your desk and wear the apron!
How to make cheesecake in easy way
Before we make cheesecake, let me tell you that it has two parts: the filling and the crust. We are going to make cheesecake filling after we get the crust assembled. Both the parts have ingredients which are easily available and are not “exclusive”.
Preparation time : 1 hour
(Tip : The amount of ingredients vary according to the serving you expect. You have to calculate some ingredients according to the number of people you are going to serve. )
Servings : 8 – 10
For the filling, we must have:
- 2 Pounds or 1 Kg Cream cheese
- a small cup of sugar
- 1-2 tablespoon of starch (Use corn starch or all purpose flour)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 eggs (optional)
For the crust, we require:
- biscuits ( Use Graham crackers or any whole wheat biscuits)
- 1-2 teaspoon of sugar
- 4 tablespoon of butter for greasing the pan
Since we are going to make cheesecake, a little baking is required. I hope you have the microwave oven.
However, we can make cheesecake without baking as well. We shall discuss it later on.
Gather spoons, medium or large bowl, electric mixer, a spring-form pan or a pan you can use to bake in microwave, aluminium foil, a dish larger in size as compared to spring-form pan to hold it and a spatula.
Tips before we start :
- Use cream cheese with good fat content. This will give the cheesecake a good smoothness and shine.
- Cream cheese blocks are easily available in the market. Keep them on the kitchen counter for some time to make them soft. Soft cream cheese is used to make cheesecake.
- Monitor the consistency at every step, while you make cheesecake filling.
- Eggs are optional. If you like to have eggs, it is good to add them in the filling. Eggs give a good texture to it. However, if you are a pure vegetarian or do not like to add eggs, you can skip this ingredient.
- Corn starch and all purpose flour (maida) are readily available in the market. Any of them will do the job.
- Instead of Vanilla extract, you can use a flavour of your own choice.
- Graham crackers are available in the market, but not in every nation. If you have enough of time, you can make them at home. Or else, use whole wheat biscuits.
- The butter required in preparing the crust is to grease the pan and make the crust adhesive. You can adjust the amount of butter according to the size of pan you will use to make cheesecake.
Do as you read along:
Make Cheesecake Crust
- Preheat the oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Crush Graham crackers or the biscuits you have used in a food processor or a grinder. (There are other ways of grinding biscuits manually also. Our home cooks are pretty smart to figure this out, no?)
- Add a pinch of sugar and grind again.
- Put the melted butter in the biscuit crumbs, so that they become a little adhesive to each other. They should feel like wet sand.
- Take the Spring form pan and grease it with butter.
- Make the crumbs stick to the pan at the base as well as the sides. The size of the crust should not be too thick and too thin. Use a flat base container or glass, with which you can make the crumb layer even.
- Apply some more butter on the surface when you finish off with spreading crumbs.
- Bake it for 10-15 minutes. Can you smell some fragrance or has the crumb layer developed a darker colour? Make sure that you do not make it too dark! No one likes burnt cakes.
- Let it cool at room temperature.
We have completed our first stage to make cheesecake. Let us move to our next stage : to make cheesecake filling!
Make Cheesecake Filling
- Take a bowl and put the cream cheese in it. Beat it with electric mixer, till you get a smooth and shiny consistent cream cheese.
- Add sugar and pinch of salt. Beat the contents again.
- Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract along with a tablespoon of corn starch. Beat the contents.
- Add eggs and beat the contents manually. Mixing with the help of electric mixer can lead to excess of air bubbles and foam when we make cheesecake filling.
(Tip: Avoid formation of lumps and make sure starch is uniformly mixed with the other contents. You need to attain the right texture to make cheesecake even more delicious.)
Time To Combine!
- Take the cooled down crust pan and add the cheesecake filling evenly.
- If you want to make a design to make it look more attractive, this is the time. Add any fruit or chocolate sauce over the filling and spread it in the way you want.
Try spiral world concept or make the spokes!
- Give the pan a water bath. Water bath is a gentle method to bake and make cheesecake , without burning the top or developing cracks.
Water boils at 100 degree Celsius, making the temperature fixed for baking our cheesecake. Wrap the spring form pan in aluminium foil and keep it in the roasting pan or larger dish.
- Bake it in the way we did the crust before. ( We can check if the cheesecake is baked by knocking it at the sides to make the centre portion jiggle. If it does, our cheesecake is ready to come out.)
- Let the cheesecake cool down and get set. (f we want a good assembled cheesecake, we need to let it chill for 1-2 hours. )
- Once done, run a knife along the sides smoothly to make cheesecake come out.
- Cut it in slices and use decorative toppings!
Time to Eat!
Enjoy the meal with the fresh and easy to make cheesecake!
It may seem a little monotonous process, but bakers know that baking is fun!
My favourite part is when we add the toppings and additional sauces to garnish it!
We can add fresh fruits or frozen fruits, along with the jellies and fruit sauces. We can also use dry fruits and honey. Peanut butter, Chocolate ganache, raspberry sauce and any other innovation can make cheesecake lovely!
Make cheesecake at home in your kitchen, at your own pace! And, you will get to see how amazing results can turn out to be.
Make cheesecake for your family and friends. Kids love to eat cheesecakes! Have a good evening supper with cheesecake as your new recipe.
You can share happiness while you make cheesecake in a group, and eat in a group. Making together and dining together is something we need to do to strengthen bonds and share love.
If you make cheesecake at home, and would like to share your experience with us, we always welcome you to join our treasure bag!
You can always find her laying hands on new things, experimenting, finding answers to some questions on her own and, travelling, of course!
Find this butterfly hovering around!