Make Spaghetti at home, in different styles, be it Italian, American or Indian style!
Spaghetti finds its way into plates of many foodies, with a wide range of sauces and toppings!
To be defined, it is basically a “long, thin and cylindrical” pasta, which is traditionally a staple Italian food. But, it is equally eaten in many other nations, with the native alterations.
For instance, American style spaghetti with meat balls and Indian style spaghetti with the cheese and soy chunks!
Do not get confused with Spaghetti and Chow Min. They are totally different!
Spaghetti can be served without getting combined with the sauce and Chow Min needs to get a little fried experience before getting served.
Feeling hungry? I do! Let us make spaghetti quickly and eat it up.
Spaghetti without sauce, seasonings and toppings is incomplete! Let us make sure that we have everything by our side.
Typically, to make spaghetti is not at all as hard as to win a battle. All you need to begin with is the uncooked spaghetti, some water and a pan. Boiling is an easy task, right?
Let us make spaghetti, first. We shall discuss the additional things side by side!
Make Spaghetti (Simply cooking)
Preparation : 20 minutes
- Any sauce of your choice (Red sauce, white sauce etc.)
- Chopped vegetables (optional)
- pan filled with water
- olive oil
- pinch of salt
- seasonings and toppings (optional)
Apart from these ingredients, we shall require another pan to cook sauce, spatula and spoon to make spaghetti.
To Make spaghetti, 2 sections are involved : boiling spaghetti ,and then, combining with the sauces and toppings.
Do as you read along:
- Take a medium sized pan and fill it with water. Heat and bring water to boil.
- Break spaghetti strands in halves or as small as the pieces you want.
- Let spaghetti boil till it becomes soft at the centre. Make sure that spaghetti does not stick to bottom. For this, keep on stirring.
- Add a pinch of salt.
(The boiling time is 7-12 minutes. If the spaghetti is not cooked well till now, give it a minute or two, more.)
- Once you come to know that it is perfectly boiled, take it out and strain.
- Take another pan and heat it over flame.
- Add some olive oil, and add chopped vegetables, if you desire. Let them fry a little.
- Add sauces.
- Add seasonings and salt to taste.
- Finally, add the strained spaghetti and cook it for a while till the flavours blend in it.You can also serve the spaghetti separately, with the sauce poured over or positioned in a small bowl in the platter.
Garnish it. Plate it well and Serve the meal!
- The amount of spaghetti you will cook will definitely depend on the servings. Make sure that it is cooked thoroughly, and is not sticky.
- You can use variety of sauces available in the market, and even make spaghetti sauce fresh at home.
- While you make spaghetti, make sure that the water level should be enough to cover the spaghetti strands.
- Since spaghetti will take time to boil, you can utilise the time to make spaghetti sauce. Cut down vegetables and get the seasonings and toppings cooked side by side.
- If you are not using any topping to make spaghetti, you should know that there is nothing extra to be added to the sauces. Slightly heating the sauce will do the job.
Try variety of toppings for different flavours and twists! Why not go for Parmesan cheese, butter or plenty of vegetables to make it more colourful?
Oregano, Paprika, Basil, Tomatoes, Marinara sauce, Bolognese Sauce, Garlic and the list for the additions go on!
The more you make spaghetti with love and fun, the more happening it will turn out to be.
Spaghetti can be a meal to serve at a family get together or any unofficial gathering. You can have pretty serious business talks as well over a spaghetti meal.
Kids love to eat the colourful spaghetti! And, many love to make spaghetti!
We have told you the basic method to make spaghetti. So, now, you can put the recipe in your own personalised version and share with us your cooking tales! We would like to have you with us in our treasure bag forever!
You can always find her laying hands on new things, experimenting, finding answers to some questions on her own and, travelling, of course!
Find this butterfly hovering around!