Bake and Make Banana Bread in Easy steps!
What if we want to have a new taste in our bread? We have eaten a lot of plain bread, brown bread, milky bread and so many fluffy breads available in the market!
Adding a fruit, like banana, to a bread recipe yields good results definitely!
Banana Bread is a cake-like quick bread, which is moist and soft, with the creamy taste of banana and nuts (if you add to it).
Make banana bread at your home and serve it as a dessert meal. It will win hearts, for sure!
Banana bread is already among the top preferences for people who wish to bake quickly, with their innovations!
It is creamy and tender in taste, and fun to make banana bread!
Bake and Make is one of my favourite categories! And, it is just like a cherry on top of the cake, when fruits are added to the recipe!
If you are a home-cook with an eye for bakery products, you should definitely try to make banana bread through this recipe!
I cannot wait to eat it anymore, so let us jump start things! Banana bread, here we come!
Get to your kitchen counters!
Make Banana Bread at Home
The ingredients used in the recipe to make banana bread are pretty common and known well. They are easily available at the market and the rates fit under your budget!
Also, when you have the ingredients, the preparation time is 10-15 minutes. The cooking time is the crucial time, which takes about an hour.
Preparation time : 1 hour 10 minutes
- 2-3 Ripen bananas
- 1 stick or half cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2-3 tsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 cups white All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts or chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt (optional)
- The bananas taste the best in bread when they are ripen and a little more soft from inside. This does not mean that you have to let the bananas rot. Just make sure that they are not too stiff and stuck to the skin.
- When you make banana bread, butter can be used in melted form. Or, it can be mixed with the sugar and creamed out. For this, butter needs to become soft at room temperature.The creamed method gives the banana bread a good texture and light fluffy base.
- You can also use brown sugar instead of white sugar.
- You are also liberal to use electric mixer or manual hand mixer, to mix the contents to make banana bread.
- If you wish to make an egg-less bread, you can avoid eggs and continue with the recipe.
- You can also mix some whole grain flour to the all purpose flour. It is optional.
- Baking soda is a must have! You cannot bake a bread without baking soda.
- You can add bananas in form of chunks or completely mash them. Also, you can have the chopped nuts and chocolate chips to make your bread even tastier.
- You can use Almond milk, cashew milk, soy milk or any other milk variety. If not milk, you can even use water to give it a liquid content.
- You will require some medium sized bowls, cooking spray, Microwave oven, spatula, spoon, mixer, bread loaf pan and parchment paper.
Do as you read along:
- Preheat the oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Cover the bread loaf pan with parchment paper. Use cooking spray to make it “non-stick”. You can also use butter to make the pan non sticky.
- Melt the butter. Mix butter and sugar in a bowl with the help of mixer.
- Mix till the contents become creamy and fluffy.
- Crack eggs and add them to the bowl. Whisk it well.
- Add milk and vanilla extract. Whisk.
- Peel the bananas and mash them well. Make them smooth or thick, according to your preference.
You can mash them in the same bowl, or use another bowl and then transfer the contents to the batter.
- Mix the contents well.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt. Use spatula to mix the contents of the batter.
- Scatter the chocolate chips and nuts over the batter, or fold them in.
- Put the batter in the bread loaf pan, and make sure that the top is smooth.
- Put the pan in oven and bake it for 50 minutes, minimum.
You need to make sure that it is cooked properly from the inside. For this, insert a toothpick or a sharp object to prick in the centre, and check the fluffiness of bread. If it is not baked right, put it back again in oven for 5 more minutes.
Take it out and prepare to serve!
Take the bread loaf out and prepare to serve. You can cut the bread in thin slices or any other shape using the cookie cutters.
Also, we already have chocolate chips and nuts inside. On the top, we can have fruit jams spread, creamy frosting or fruit chunks for decoration. We can also have banana bread with honey and milk!
Like any other recipe, you can make banana bread with different styles and flavours.
Some common and easy to make banana bread recipe ideas are :
- Make Banana bread with lime juice, to have a little fruity taste.
- Make banana bread gluten-free using brown sugar, brown rice flour and sorghum flour.
- Cream Cheese Banana Nut Bread
- Make Banana bread with more bananas and have some other fruit to join the party as well.
- With cranberries, your banana bread can be sweet and tart-like. It is delicious and kids love it!
- Use chocolate sauces or white cream as topping or you may even combine them in the batter.
There is a lot to add in a recipe, as long as you are curious to do the innovations!
Make banana bread at your own ease, for breakfast or for dinner, as light snack or as a dessert – It is an all-over fun recipe!
Make Banana Bread, share your cooking tales and views with us! We will add them in our treasure bag!
I really wish if I could eat the yummy banana bread you will make! But, do enjoy it with your family and friends! Happy cooking!
You can always find her laying hands on new things, experimenting, finding answers to some questions on her own and, travelling, of course!
Find this butterfly hovering around!