Do you live your life happy and peacefully? Or are you stressed out and suffer from anxiety? Problems like work pressure, relationship commitments, health problems or poor performance are harmful for our mental health. So, it is very important to get rid of anxiety before it leads to mental diseases.
In today’s fast paced world it is very difficult to live life without any tension or anxiety. There is a cut throat competition in almost every field. Four better people are ready to take place of one good person. So it is rather very common question in every person’s mind that how to get rid of anxiety?
Anxiety is not a disease or disorder rather it is a state of mind. If it persist for longer period than it may lead to many mental diseases. Some time it is good to feel anxious in order to improve your performance. But anxiety should not remain for long time.
Here are some lifestyle changes to improve your mental state and help you to get rid of anxiety:
- Remain happy: The sure shot way to get rid of anxiety is laughter. Laugh as much as you can on most silly joke that you hear. It is not always possible to remain happy because any unpleasant event may occur which may ruin your mood.
But you can still find peace in unfavorable condition by stressing on positive outcomes of that situation. Think about something really funny to keep you happy and to reduce the chances of anxiety.
- Drink plenty of water: Drinking water will remove the toxins away from your body. It will help to keep your mental state in balanced condition and thus help you to get rid of anxiety. You should drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water daily to remain hydrated.
Drinking water helps to eliminate many diseases and thus keeps you healthy. Health is important to remain happy and disease free. Because unhealthy person can not enjoy life fully due to his/her ill state.
- Exercise regularly: Doing exercise is a great way to get rid of anxiety. Exercise not only keeps your body fit but also releases the happy hormones which help to keep your mind healthy.
You can choose any physical activity which gives you pleasure. You can either go walking or jogging in the morning and evening or hit the gym. Sports like basketball, football, hockey and swimming are also good option to get rid of anxiety. Sports not only gives lots of fun but also improve your social skills and helps to make new friends.
- Do what you love: One of the main causes of anxiety and hopelessness is to do work which you are not designed to do. Follow your heart and choose the occupation which you enjoy. Always remember that money may buy you bed but it can never buy a natural sleep for you.
- Make time for your hobbies: Do you enjoy gardening? Do you feel calmed down while cooking or are you books lover? It may not be possible to change every hobby into occupation. But try to give time to your hobbies daily for at least an hour or two.
It will improve your mental state and will make you able to prevent and get rid of anxiety.
- Eat healthy and balanced diet: Balanced diet is a diet in which every type of nutrient is present in its required quantity. It does not mean that you should not take fat at all and eat as much protein as you can. Every dietary component should be in balanced ratio according to their need in body.
Eating healthy food will eliminate diseases and will improve your mood. Avoid eating food which may alter your mood like red meat and extra spicy food. These food items imbalance your mental state and make you much prone to anger, stress and anxiety.
- Take proper rest: Take proper rest if you wan to get rid of anxiety. If your body gets deprive of sleep than it will affect your brain and will make you irritable and unhappy. Sleep for at least 6 to 8 hours. Avoid using smart phones, TV, and computer before sleeping. It will slowly but surely affect your sleep and may lead to sleeping disorders.
You can also take nap for the short period of fifteen minutes to an hour during day time. It will increase your efficiency and refresh your mind and body. Avoid taking nap for longer period or it may affect your brain.
- Make friends with positive thinking people: Stay connected with the people who produce positive vibrations in the environment. People who always remain optimistic remain safe from mental disorders and will help you to get rid of anxiety.
Avoid people who are always complaining about small problems in their life and become angry in little things. They not only always remain under stress but also creates negative environment. This negativity is very harmful for them and everyone else.
- Avoid junk Food: Avoid eating food which may disturb your internal environment like junk food and spoiled food. They are hard to digest, contain no healthy nutrients and alter your mood and make you anxious.
Often to add extra taste in junk food manufactures add unhealthy chemicals in junk food. It makes you obese and invite diseases and it is impossible to remain happy and avoid anxiety during ill health.
By leading healthy and happy life you may prevent anxiety and keep your mind healthy. But sometimes the things get out of control and there is very little you can do. So, here are several quick steps that you can take to get rid of anxiety:
- Take deep breath: During the time of anxiety your breaths become unsteady. You start hyper ventilating which may be beneficial a little before swimming or going to dive in water. But it will not help when you are anxious and totally stressed out.
Take a deep breath. Inhale slowly and exhale even more slowly, if you inhale for ten seconds than exhale for twenty. Take breathe from chest rather than from your abdomen. Chest breathing is considered more beneficial than abdominal breathing, it will help you to get rid of anxiety.
- Sing your favorite song: Singing song will distract your mind from the tension and will improve your mental state. Many people like soft soothing songs while they are anxious. While others like to shout with linkin park and daler mehndi to get rid of anxiety. See which helps you the most.
- Concentrate on your heartbeat: Keep your hands on your heart, close your eyes and listen to the voice of your heart. You will find that your anxiety is reducing with every beat.
Remember that your heart may stop pumping blood any time. Your little time in mortal world is not worth of wasting on negative thoughts and negative people. This method will surely calm you down and help you to get rid of anxiety.
- Laugh out loud: It may seem impossible to laugh during anxious condition. But through regular practice and conscious efforts you may develop the healthy habit of laughing while in state of anxiety. Laughing will reduce your anxiety and help to make you mentally strong person.
- Remember the most important person in your life: It may be your mother, father, girlfriend, wife, husband or your friend. Thinking about most special person automatically makes you smile and improves your mental condition.
No matter how angry or anxious you are, just think about happy moments that you spent with this person. You will find that your anxiousness will subside itself.
There are many more ways to eliminate the anxiety and lead a happy and meaningful life. You should always try to keep yourself calm no matter how difficult the situation may be.
Anxiety not only affects your health it may also affect your social and family life. It is very difficult to live with a person who is always anxious and take stress of every small thing.
Just live your life fully, enjoy every moment and keep yourself and your near and dear ones optimistic. Fight bravely with any unfavorable situation of your life.