Make Fudge At Home In Easy and Quick Steps!
One of the favourite desserts of people all around the globe is the fudge!
It just lights up the whole mood and brings us back happy to life. Am I right?
Wikipedia defines it as a sweet confectionery, which is made by mixing sugar, butter, condensed milk and the flavours. But, for many of us, it is much more than just a sweet!
It is a small piece of happiness, which is yummy and more yummy!
What if we come to know that we can make fudge very easily at our home and, that too, in simple steps?
Yes, I am telling you that you can have fudge quite often, with different flavours and styles. Why not learn to make fudge now itself?
You do not need too much of inventory. A few key ingredients would do the job. Adding more to the list is completely your choice!
And, the best part is that you don’t need to have a “bake” process. No oven, no baking, no fuss and no complications!
Make Fudge with Chocolate flavour
Preparation time : 20 minutes to cook, 30-40 minutes to set (at minimum)
- 250 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp butter (salted or unsalted)
- 100-200 g of chocolate
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp of sugar
- 1/4 cup of chopped dry fruits (walnuts, cashews, almonds etc.)
- 2 and a half tsp of all purpose flour (optional)
- Have all the necessary cookwares on your kitchen counter to make fudge.
- Butter can be substituted with Ghee. But, it would be really nice if you can use butter.
- You can use dark chocolate pieces or sweet chocolate pieces. Make sure that the chocolate is neither too sweet nor too dark. You can also use Cocoa powder instead.
- You can add chopped dry fruits to make fudge chunky. If not, you can also add some chunked fruits like berries, mango cubes, pineapple etc. Fruity additions are my favourite!
- But, while you go along the recipe to make fudge, if you are using chunked fruits, you need to add them when the fudge is made to cool down at room temperature.
- All-purpose flour is needed to provide a soft and fluffy taste to the fudge. That’s all!
Get ready at your kitchen counter. We will make fudge in an easy step by step process.
Do as you read along:
- Put the water in a pan over the heat and let it boil.
- Add chocolate and sugar in a bowl. Put the bowl over the pan to give it a water bath, so that our chocolate melts.
(Tip: Do not use a glass bowl to give water bath to chocolate. Use a small sized pan or some other cookware suitable for water bath)
- Gradually add condensed milk to the chocolate bowl and continuously stir the contents.
- Mix the contents thoroughly over the water bath, so that the melted sugar gets blended with the condensed milk very nicely.
- Add all purpose flour, vanilla extract and chopped dry fruits to the bowl, now.
- Mix the contents till you reach the “perfect” stage. This stage is when the mixture starts to thicken and gains good consistency.
- Now, put off the bowl from water bath.
- Grease a tray or pan with butter. You can put aluminium foil as well (optional).
- Pour the contents of the bowl into the greased pan and let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes.
- If you want to put in the chunked fruits, now is the time. Add the fruits in the mixture.
- Now, let it refrigerate. This will cool down the mixture and our fudge will get set properly.
- Take out the fudge after 30-40 minutes. Cut it in cubes or blocks. You can cut them in creative shapes!
Make fudge in your own style!
Time to serve!
It was fun and easy to make fudge. Now, to serve it in a elite manner, we can have variety of toppings! Pretty food serves as a food for eye.
The toppings on the fudge serves the perfect idea of having it as a dessert on festive occasions!
Dip the fudge in melted chocolate or white chocolate. Or, you can have the fruit chunks lined on top of the fudge along with the fruit syrups.
Desserts are the best to experiment with!
Variations make fudge more interesting and popular among several age groups.
After you make fudge in proper way, the only job you have is to serve and eat!
Do not wait too long. Your fudge may get finished up quickly and you won’t get any for yourself!
Have fun while you make fudge and eat it! Have your friends, family and all the dear ones join you at your creative fudge party! Invite me in, too!
Share your cooking tales and experiences with us! We would love to know it all! We will treasure it forever!
You can always find her laying hands on new things, experimenting, finding answers to some questions on her own and, travelling, of course!
Find this butterfly hovering around!