Make Meat Loaf – an amazing dish, easy to make and tasty to eat!
Meat loaf is just like a bread loaf, which has the main ingredient as ground meat. Vegetables, sauce and seasonings accompany the ground meat and make it tastier.
To make meat loaf, we can either bake it or smoke it.
Mix the ground meat with the other ingredients and give it a shape of a bread loaf! That’s how it gets its name from the shape!
You can use a variety of ground meat to make meat loaf – be it lamb, pork, veal, beef, chicken or even seafood.
Origin of this recipe takes us to the European History, and digging more will fetch you enough knowledge!
However, the recipe to make meat loaf has several international variations!
When you make meat loaf with such variations, you will definitely get some taste of cuisine of Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Chile, Cuba, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Palestine, Macedonia, Mexico, Mongolia, Philippines, Poland, South Africa, Sweden, Turkey, UK , USA and who knows!
Cooking a new recipe of international origin is a good way to discover culture and life of that place! Isn’t it?
Gather up some ingredients and make meat loaf!
Recipe to make meat loaf is easy, tasty and economical!
Steps To Make Meat Loaf
Preparation Time : 1 hour 15 minutes
Servings : 8-10
- 2 pounds or 1 Kg ground meat
- Half cup of plain bread crumbs
- Half cup of milk
- 1 egg
- Some butter or olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Desired Sauce (tomato, red chilli etc.)
- Meat should be grounded. It may be very fine or may have a little bit thickness.
- You need to have a pan to bake meat loaf in, 2 medium or large sized bowls, spatula or a spoon to stir, parchment paper, microwave oven and a pan to saute the vegetables.
- You can also use some crushed crackers or oats along with the bread crumbs.
- For shaping the meat, you can use a bread loaf pan or you can shape it manually with your hands.
- For glazing the meat loaf, you are liberal to use any of your favourite sauce! Just add half tsp of brown sugar in your sauce along with 2-3 drops of vinegar. You can also try out fruit juices for a fruity taste in your sauce.
Do as you read along:
- Preheat the oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Soak bread crumbs (along with crackers and oats, if using) for a few minutes in half cup of milk.
- By that time, you can saute the chopped onions and garlic over a medium flame, so that they become soft and get over with raw flavour.
- Now, add the vegetables to the bowl which as soaked bread crumbs. Stir.
- Crack an egg and add to the bowl along with pepper and salt. You can add some sauce as well.
- Mix the contents.
- Take the ground meat in another large bowl, and add the mixture of bread crumbs and vegetables in it gradually as you combine the contents.
- The meat is soft enough to get moulded into a shape. Mould it in a bread loaf shape.
- Glaze the top of your meat loaf mould with sauce. Or, you can also glaze the sides.
- Bake the meat loaf for an hour in the preheated oven, at 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Take the meat loaf out after it is baked, and let it cool at room temperature for a few minutes.
- Slice it, and prepare to serve!
To make meat loaf is quite an easy process, where you can cook it according to your comfort.
It is a recipe which is all about putting less efforts and more affection!
You can make meat loaf with stuffing as well! Stuff the meat loaf with cheese, peanut sauce or anything that melts your mouth!
How about trying it out? Cooking is fun, after all!
You just have to stuff the centre of the meat loaf with cheese and sauces. If you wish, you can go for a more creative filling!
Enjoy it over any meal with your family and friends. They are going to love this dish!
Add your own variation by altering the ingredients to an extent, and share with us your views and cooking tales! We are going to reserve them in our treasure bag forever!
You can always find her laying hands on new things, experimenting, finding answers to some questions on her own and, travelling, of course!
Find this butterfly hovering around!