Are you a biscuit lover? Why not try to make biscuits on your own?
How to make biscuits is a recipe which gives an output, which is easy to carry, easy to store, easy to make and extremely easy to munch up!
Biscuits can be eaten on journeys and shared among friends. They accompany the beverages over the table, while we have conversations and laughs. Biscuits, somehow, form an integral component of our lives.
Whenever we hunt for biscuits in the market, we find a wide range showcased very nicely. They are of different styles, flavours and creams.
We often skip to make biscuits at home and go for the market stuff. But, trust me, home made biscuits are the best!
Mothers often pack their love in homemade biscuits for their hostel kids!
Biscuits are the best way to send your love to your loved ones! They are long- lasting, and the sweetness symbolises your affection towards them!
How sweet it all sounds!
Biscuits vary according to nationalities. For instance, the recipe to make biscuits in American style would be different from that of British style.
I will not go for the specific styles, but will tell you the basic recipe to make biscuits!
Ingredients are common, if you are a bake and make lover. Even if you are not, the ingredients are easily available ones.
Gear up. Tighten your apron and get to the kitchen counter.
Make Biscuits (Basic Recipe)
Preparation time : 30 minutes
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil or butter
- 1 egg (optional)
You will also need microwave oven, mixer, spatula and medium sized as well as a large sized bowl.
Do as you read along:
- Preheat the oven at 475 degree Fahrenheit. While the oven heats up, prepare the dough.
- Take all the dry ingredients in a large sized bowl, that is, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Take the wet ingredients in another bowl- milk as well as the vegetable oil. Just stir them very casually. No need to use a mixer here.
- Now, put the wet ingredients along with the dry ingredients. Try to mix them slowly, adding batch by batch.
- You can use the electric mixer to mix the contents, or you can do it using your hands.
- Make the contents moulded into a soft and nice dough.
- Now, use the rolling pin to make the dough roll out on the surface, and use cookie cutters to cut the biscuits into desired shapes.
- Put them on the baking tray, and put the tray in the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Afterwards, check whether they have turned out to be good or not. If they need more heat, you can put them back inside for another 2-4 minutes.
- Once baked, take out the biscuits and let them stand at room temperature for 5 minutes.
You can also make biscuits using a biscuit mix which is available in the market. This will reduce your cooking time.
But, as my personal opinion, it would be nice if you use the direct ingredients! Let us inculcate traditional cooking in our style and treasure it for years.
Also, make sure that you apply butter over the biscuits before you bake them, so that they get evenly baked.
Eating biscuits is easier than to make biscuits. You can give your biscuits your own variations!
When you make biscuits, cut them in creative shapes. If you do not have cookie cutters, you can always use knife to give some lovely shapes! Even the rolling pins come with patterns on them!
Also, do you know that a biscuit spread is also available in the market, to give your biscuits a delicious taste?
The aroma which fills the air when you make biscuits is unbeatable!
With few ingredients, this basic recipe to make biscuits is simple and less time consuming. It creates minimal mess in your mind as well as the kitchen, so you can rest assured!
You can add ingredients like cocoa powder, chocolate chips, vanilla extract or butter filling to make biscuits more specific in taste. Use icing sugar and frosting to decorate!
The taste is going to be very classic, and the fun while you make biscuits with your dear ones makes it everlasting.
Make biscuits in a good batch, and share your sweet recipe with everyone!
Share with us your cooking tales and we will keep them with us in our treasure bag forever!
You can always find her laying hands on new things, experimenting, finding answers to some questions on her own and, travelling, of course!
Find this butterfly hovering around!