Your looks get defined by the eye makeup you wear. Sharper your eyes look, the confidence beams out of your persona!
Well, So here I am! Talking about makeup that I personally like to do, and the eye makeup is among the best makeup! I am going to tell you how to do eye makeup in the way you would like to know!
Eye makeup gives you confidence that can be seen on your face.
As a beginner, the chances of mistakes are quite more. But, since you may be in a learning phase, you need not worry about it. Soon your hand will become good enough at strokes and then, you would be easily able to do eye makeup! That too, in just a few minutes.
Just remember that it is completely okay to make mistakes. After all, you won’t be doomed if you make them.
If we talk about the applications, then many of the pretty girls out there want to learn how to do eye makeup.
A good eye makeup takes you to another level! If you get conscious about applying eye makeup, then it may turn out to be disaster for you. You wish to present yourself as a beauty, not the beast. Right?
So, better start with little practice and eventually, gain artistic hands!
Make sure that you have a foolproof process to do eye makeup.
And, I am very much sure that you will rock that stunning gorgeous look for tonight!
Products to do eye makeup
To do eye makeup, you need some good quality products that will help you in having the long lasting effect!
So, before talking about eye makeup, let us know a little about the eye makeup products.
- Eye Primer
- Eye Cream
- Eye Liner
- Kohl pencil
- Eye Shadows
- Eye Shadow Brushes
Now, let me brief you about each of the above.
People also call it as the eye shadow primer. Eye shadow remains for whole day when we use the primer. It also enhances the beauty of the eyes. It is used on eyelids, so that the eye shadow remains for whole day.
You can easily get an eye shadow primer from cosmetic stores. If you are going to buy it for the first time, then you must be aware of the good ones.
It comes in gel form. It prevents the creases on eye lids. Select the primer according to your skin. Also, it should be within your budget. Go for the branded products.
Check the description of the product, that whether it meets all the requirements of your skin type or not. L’Oreal, Urban Decay are some of the branded products that fit your budget.
How to use Eye Primer
Take a drop or a bit of primer, and apply it onto whole eyelid. Remember, a little quantity is enough for the whole eyelid. Let eyelids absorb the gel for a while, and then apply eye shadow.
Moisturisers help to keep the skin moist and prevent skin from dryness.
Skin of eyes is very thin. It gets dry easily. So, using a moisturiser becomes a must to apply before makeup, because makeup dries the skin and after the removal of eye makeup, your skin will look dull and dark.
The skin near the eye is very thin and delicate. Thus, it is necessary to take care of it. It gets easily dry and eye creams are meant for it.
For preventing and reducing the eye bags, dark circles, wrinkles, fine lines etc., eye cream is helpful. Although there are multiple reasons for the under eye problems, but eye cream always works.
All you need is to buy the good and branded eye cream. These creams help in maintaining the elasticity of the eyes.
Eye liner comes in different forms such as pencil, liquid and gel form. All forms are equally good. But, I prefer to use pencil form, as it helps in defining the sharpness of eyes and gives a good shape to the wings. Also, it makes the eyes look naturally overwhelming.
Mascara is meant for the eye lashes. It is used by the wand, and lashes are the curled from the roots.
If you are a beginner, then using a Kohl pencil is an easy task. Just a swipe of Kohl, and your eye makeup is complete. Make sure that the Kohl pencil you have must be smudge proof.
Colossal, Maybelline, Lakme are some of the good brands for Kohl.
Eye shadows are used onto the eyelids when you do eye makeup. These are used for enhancing eyelids. It defines the shape of eyes, too.
Eye Shadow Brushes
There are various types of eye shadow brushes available in the market. And, these brushes are meant for different purposes. Some are meant for blending and some for deposition of eye shadow.
Stiff Dome Brush, Fluffy Dome Brush, Pencil Brush, Flat Stiff Brushes are useful in eye shadow makeup.
Guidelines to do Eye Makeup
Now, let’s talk about how to do eye makeup. Here are some guidelines that will help you to get started with.
- Before starting eye makeup, it is crucial to clean the eye area for makeup that follows with the moisturiser and eye cream.
- Apply eye primer as a base, so that the makeup will stay longer and will give a good finish. You can use liquid foundation as a primer and also use concealer near the eyes.Apply powder to seal the concealer. Concealer will conceal all the blemishes around the eye area, and also, the eye makeup will remain crease-proof. It gives you a clean base for further makeup applications.
- Now, the actual process to do eye makeup begins now.First, go for the eyeliner. Look straight into the mirror, and swipe it from inner corner towards the outer corner. It will give a perfect wing. You can swipe a wide line for a prominent look. If you are getting ready for office, a thin line would be good.
- Swipe smoothly, otherwise, it will form creases. Make sure that no space is left between the eyeliner and the eyelashes, as it will give you a more natural look.
- Now, use mascara to compliment the look. Swirl it from the roots of lashes towards the periphery. Do not use too much of it, as it will look clumpy.Now, do the same with the lower lashes.You can put a tissue paper under the lashes, so that it will not smudge the makeup. If you want a good volume of lashes, then swirl more mascara. But, make a continuous swirl. Do not pump the wand again and again.
- Now, go for the eye shadow as per the shape of your eyes.
- Apply eye shadow on eyelid, creases and brow bone. Use dark shade for crease and light shade for eyelids. Frost and shimmer gives you a good look! Consider trying one out.
Start with the eyelid. Take a flat eye shadow brush and sweep the shadow. Eyelid becomes more prominent with the lighter eye shadow. Start with the centre. First sweep from centre towards the outer corner, and then towards the inner corner. Use more shadow, so that it will deposit for long time.
Now, come to the crease area. Deep brown, dark purple, deep grey will go best for the crease area. Apply eye shadow to the crease. Start from the outer corner to the inner corner. Blend it with the shadow of eyelids, so that it will look more natural. For blending, use fluffy blending brush.
Now, apply lighter shade to the brow bone area. For bold look, use Kohl pencil. Swipe it on lower lash line. Smudge it if you want a smoky look. Use coloured pencil to make eyes look brighter and bigger.
Keep in mind these tips while you do eye makeup.
In case you have any trouble, feel free to ask!