If you are in the search to learn how to erase hard drive then have a look at this article
Are your system is lagging and hanging, due to many corrupt files and full hard drive. Even after deleting some of the data of your computer or system, still your system hanging. Then this is high time to erase your hard drive. But, you don’t know how to erase hard drive.
Then don’t worry, we will make you learn how to erase hard drive, within 5 minutes. To learn it, you just have to read this article carefully. Before, we go for hard drive erasing or formatting. First, check your Windows type. There are different steps to erase hard drive as per the Windows installed in your system.
How to Erase Hard Drive in Windows 10
Windows 10 is the most recent version of Windows. It is very advanced and quick. Hence it is very easy to erase your hard drive in Windows 10.
- Start your system.
- Open Start Menu, present on the bottom-left of your screen.
- Now, go into Settings.
- This will pop-up a new page which will have different menus for different Settings. Here, you have to click on Updates & Security.
- This will lead to a new page, where you have to click on Recovery, which is present at the left navigation pane.
- Now, Advanced startup will appear on your system’s screen. Here, you have to press Restart Now. You should do this activity in your Administration Account.
- Now select one of the next given options of Keep my files or Remove everything. It will depend on you what you want. If you want to clear all data then select Remove everything or if you want some of your data save then select Keep my files.
- Now follow all upcoming prompts to start recovery process.
- Now, your Windows is resetting and in the end, you will get a Windows with or without old data, as per your selection of Keep my files or Remove everything.
How to Erase Hard Drive in Windows 8
Windows 8 was the previous version of Windows, which followed by Windows 10. It was little complicated, this is the reason that very few people like this version of Windows.
- First of all, start your system.
- You should press Windows key + C of your Keyword to open the Charms menu.
- Now, press on search option by mouse and start typing reinstall. This will bring many options on your screen without pressing Enter.
- Select Setting option.
- This will lead to page, which will have many options and here you have to select Remove everything and reinstall Windows.
- Now, on “Reset your PC” screen, press on Next.
- This will bring two options on the screen of your system. These options are Just remove my files (here selected files will remove) and Fully clean the drive (It is to quick erase, which will erase all data of your system)
- Now, click on Reset, on Ready to Reset screen.
- This will lead to erase your hard drive and Windows 8 will reinstall again.
How to Erase Hard Drive in Windows 7 and Vista
Windows 7 was the most popular and one of the most installed version of Microsoft Windows, after Windows XP. While, Vista is the middle version of Windows between Windows XP and Windows 7.
- The first step is to start your system and insert the installation CD/DVD or other USB drives of Windows 7 and Vista.
- Now, Restart your system.
- When your system will restart then an option come on your screen of “Press any Key to boot from CD.” Then press any key of your Keyboard.
- When the Windows Setup Welcome Screen appears then press Enter.
- Now, see the screen of your system and when prompted then press any key to proceed.
- This will lead to pop-up new page of “Install Windows.” Here selects the language in which you want to continue and run your system. After that select other preferences and click Next.
- Now, Licence Agreement page will pop-up. Here, you have to check the terms and agreement box and select Next.
- This will lead you to Installation Type Screen, here you have to choose Custom option.
- Now, you can select all partition for Disk 0. After deleting all partition, you can find a single-entry “Unallocated space.”
- Here, you can select Disk 0 and then press Next.
How to Erase Hard Drive in Windows XP and 2000
Windows XP is the most successful and reliable version of Microsoft Windows. It is still using by people, when Windows 10 has been released. It is one of the best Windows for many applications.
- Start your system and insert the installation CD and pen drive and other USB drive, which installed Windows XP/2000, and restart your system.
- Now, you will get an option to press any key to boot from CD. Then press any key on your Keyboard.
- When the Windows XP Setup welcome Screen will appear on your system screen then press Enter key.
- After that you have to press F8 key to accept all Terms and Agreements.
- Now, you have to follow all instruction and select hard drive partition. This will allow you to format and install your Windows XP/2000.
- Now, your hard drive has been erased and for further instalment of Windows XP, you can follow other instructions.
I hope you will like this article informative to erase your hard drive.