Are you hungry and want to know how to cook rice then have a look at this article
Rice is the most important gradient of our kitchen. As per the survey, almost 78% of the world population eat rice as their main food item. This is the reason that everyone wants to know how to cook rice.
They think, it is difficult to cook. But, let them tell that cooking rice is not a rocket science. Even a teenager or a child of 10 to 11 can also learn how to cook rice. If you don’t believe then today I will make you believe by telling you some methods, which will lead you to understand how to cook rice.
Learn How to Cook Rice in simple steps
Method 1- Cook rice in an open saucepan
To cook rice in an open saucepan, you have to follow these simple steps.
- The very first step is to buy and measure the amount of rice, which you want to cook. You should measure as per the numbers of cup or bowl or other utensils.
- Now wash and rinse the rice. This is very important step, because if you will not wash the rice then you may break your teeth by any stone present in your rice or you get food poisoning by some impurities present in your cooked rice. Whereas, rinse will also help you to keep your rice separated. Because it will remove all unwanted starch present on your rice that creates rice clumping.
- After washing and rinsing the rice you can leave it for 2-3 minutes for draining water.
- Now, placed rice with water on saucepan. The amount of water should be double of rice. Along with rice and water, you can also add some other ingredient as per your test and fruitful smell of rice, like olive oil, salt, green vegetables and others. You can also leave these ingredients but don’t forget to add salt. Add one spoon-full salt in 1 cup of rice.
- Starts cooking rice at low heat up to 10-15 minutes for one cup of rice and 2 cup of water. While cooking, you should also fluff the cooked rice by a fork. This will help you to not get burned your rice at the bottom of saucepan.
- Now, your rice is ready to serve.
Method 2- How to cook rice in a covered saucepan
To cook rice in covered saucepan is as simple as to cook in an uncovered saucepan. It also has the same steps to cook rice, like an uncovered saucepan.
- First, we have to wash and rinse the rice properly. Take 1 ¾ cup of water (if you are taking one cup of rice) and boil it in a saucepan.
- Now, add a spoon-full or a half spoon-full of salt in a boil water. After boiling water, pour the washed and rinse rice into the boil water.
- Now, fluff the poured rice in water by a wooden spoon. So that rice will separate properly and don’t clump. But, don’t stir for long time otherwise it will make your rice sticky.
- After this you can covered the saucepan tightly and turn on the gas. Leave it for simmering for 18 minutes. Now, switch of the gas and remove saucepan from the gas and leave for next 5 minutes to take steam.
- Now, fluff the rice and your rice is ready to serve. You can serve it with vegetables and pulses and other food items.
Method 3- How to cook rice in a cooker
In India, most of the people cook rice in cooker. It is one of the most important parts of their kitchen. This method also has same steps as covered saucepan.
- First, clean and wash the rice with water and leave it for 2 minutes with water so that rice can drain it and it will not clump after cooking.
- Now put washed rice in a cooker and add water double to the amount of rice. You can also add other ingredient as per your test, like 2 tablespoon oil, 1 bay leaf, a star anise, 6 cloves, a small cinnamon stick, an onion, diced, 1 inches squashed ginger and many more.
- After putting everything into a cooker, you can lock it tightly by its cover. And put on a gas and switch on the gas.
- Now, wait for 2-14 whistles or 10 to 15 minutes for good quality of rice, like Basmati. Or you can wait for 18 minutes and 4-6 whistles for average quality of the rice.
- After that switch-off the gas, and remove cooker from the gas.
- Leave it for few minutes to remove complete steam from the cooker otherwise, the rice will remain uncooked.
- Now, your rice is ready to serve, you fluff it and serve it with pulses and vegetable and other food item. You can also cook Biryani by this method. The only thing, which you have to do extra is to put some vegetables in rice beforehand putting cooker on the gas. You can also add cooked rice in vegetables and spices on a frying pan to make Biryani.
These are simple steps to cook rice and I hope you, find it good for you. If you like it, then share it. For more quarries stay tuned with us.